This scholarship is not yet fully funded. Donations are being accepted.
This annual scholarship presented by the Morton Rotary Club, offers a minimum $500 scholarship to a Morton High School Senior who best fits the following qualifications:
- Must be a MHS senior or six semester graduate who will be attending a 2-yr college in the year immediately following graduation.
- Must have been a member of the Interact Club for at least 2 years.
- Must be a senior or six semester graduate at MHS who has demonstrated academic success by having achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Role model to underclassmen
- Financial need may be considered but is not a primary consideration in the selection process.
- Has submitted the appropriate application, including an essay of 500 words or less addressing the following topic: What does the phrase “Service Above Self” mean to you?
- Has demonstrated the following attributes during and after school hours:
- Positive attitude
- Encourages others
- High moral character
- Hard working
Applications for the Scholarship will be accepted annually during the month of January. For more information, visit the Morton High School Counseling office.
A scholarship committee will determine the winner(s) during April, and the scholarships will be announced at the annual Spring awards ceremonies at MHS.